Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Very Danielson Christmas

This week has been a week of getting ready for Christmas. There has been a lot of fuss about the tree and other decorations. Tyler and Chase spent hours on Saturday putting up the lights...then taking them down and buying new lights and putting them up. It's hard to see how awesome the lights look but trust me, it's pretty great! Dennis has spent a lot of hours finishing the bushes and little trees that line our walks. It seems like a lot but believe me, compared to a lot of the folks in our neighborhood this is really holding back! One of our favorite things about our neighborhood is Christmas. We have a whole street that really goes all out. They spend weeks putting up their decorations and lights and people come in on tour buses and in limo's cars line our streets and folks walk in from the neighborhood to see it. It is so fun to take the little kids down there and walk around. I look forward to that every year.My favorite thing is my little collection of Nativities. I have had a few over the years that things have "happened" too. The one in the center is an on-going Christmas gift from two of my sisters! I love, Love, LOVE it. It's a great reminder of what the season is really about.There are little Christmas things on several nooks and cranney's!
Not sure why I put that Christmas card at that angle in the card holder, perhaps so the snowman could hide behind it?
A portion of my Santa and Snowman collection.

We got a new tree this year. It is the same height but much thinner. It fits perfectly in the spot by the stairs. The stairs also made it a little easier to get the decorations on the top!

Alyvia and Sarah came over today and Lyvi kept taking the balls off my little tree and handing them to me and saying "ball". She was very gentle. I think I will borrow her when it's time for this stuff to come down...she is good at taking things off the tree! I love Christmas. For years when I was little (like 16 years) I would get so excited on Christmas or about Christmas that I spent Christmas throwing up! Serious, I was always sick on Christmas! I've calmed down a little since then, I enjoy the season more. It's hectic but I love the parties and seeing all the people. What a blessing to have so many people we love in our lives.





3 comments:

  1. I've always wanted to come to your house for Christmas. Now, I feel like I've been. Oh, your Christmas home is gorgeous! When Miss T put out her Philmont Nativity, we both smiled and remembered what fun the three of us had painting it in the Craft Shack! Those are treasured memories that will last forever after. I love you Aunt B! SLY Rob

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just LOVE LOVE LOVE your tree! If I were you I think I would have it up all year around:)
    Ps. I'll let you borrow Lyvi, after she take down my tree:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house looks beautiful! I just love Christmas, and the decorations are so fun!

    ReplyDelete