Saturday, January 23, 2010

Service with a Flair for Apron Fashion

Ever since I was called to serve in the Stake Relief Society for our Church (the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints) I have noticed we do a LOT of cooking for "events". It's fun to do that kind of thing when you work with people you love, which I DO, and when you look good doing it. I decided we needed to have matching aprons for the events we will be serving at and I wanted them to be really special. I wanted them to show who we are...hence the heart on the front. We love to serve and we love the people we serve. I also wanted them to be versatile so there is an "at home" side and a "church side". Both sides are flanked with ruffles and flowers and bows and ric rac and lots of fun stuff. They were so fun to make (at least looking back, you see I could have enjoyed it more if I would have had that idea in July instead of December 10th and with a December 18th deadline, but I love the adrenaline rush of getting an idea at the last minute!) At any rate you can see for yourself how totally together we look and that picture was taken at the END of the event we served at. I really wish I would have gone for a hair-do other than the famous pony tail! Oh well.
Back Strap detail

This little flower goes on back strap and is hooked there with velcro!

The at home side! This side has a row of pockets and a special little cell phone pocket!
The Relief Society side...hearts knit together in Unity and LOVE! (and ruffles)




The Relief Society Presidency. After seeing this picture I sure am glad Sarah gave me a little more color in my hair this time! Thanks Miss Sarah, sure is great having a hair color expert for a daughter!







1 comment:

  1. I love all of these women! And btw...YOU are amazing with your sewing and everything else you do.

    ReplyDelete