Thursday, September 23, 2010

Cupcakes!

Every September since Dennis has been the Stake President of our Stake instead of meeting with the Bishops for Personal Priesthood Interviews he meets with their wife's. He has always invited me and the wife's of his counselors. The first year he met with them individually and that was awesome but he felt like they might actually need to meet with each other even more than they need to meet with him. It is always a very sweet and spiritual meeting. I love those women. They are all amazing in their own ways. They all have hard things but handle them with so much grace. They are grand examples to me. I love to make them a little something to let them know how much I (we) love and appreciate them. This year they got cupcake oven mitts. Darlene sent me the pattern and I had a fun time making a whole bunch of different ones.I also made cupcakes for a treat. I know that sounds like a really easy thing to make and it should have been but four batches of cupcakes later here is what we ended up with, and yes they were good, red velvet cream filled cream cheese frosting cupcakes, but the others were really bad. It made Dennis so sad to think of throwing all of those cupcakes away. He kept saying things like, "this just isn't like you to not have things turn out." I KNOW!!! (It may be more like me than he knows...he should stick around more.) You are probably wondering what is in the cute little boxes which I also made...
One for the road...or for the Bishop...their choice.

Here is how it looked in the High Council Room before we got started. Now on to next year...got any good ideas? Let me know.






1 comment:

  1. Such a cute idea and cute display! Please pass some of that cuteness and creativity this way... :)

    ReplyDelete